Monday, December 1, 2008

Gillian Wearing inspired.


We were set out to ask people we had never met, to write down an expression or a quote of some sort inspired by there initial thoughts or inspirations of the day, then take a picture of the person holding up their message. I found approaching people was hard at the beginning, as I was stuck on what to say, however it became easier towards the end. I felt the experience was successful we achieved a better knowledge and experience of live art and also interacted the live art experience to the public we met in Selhurst.
Our approach was friendly, firstly we asked if they would be interested in interacting in a live art project, adding that it wouldn’t take long if they decided to. If they were interested we encouraged them to write down a quote, a thought etc. We had a mix of reactions some people were interested in participating and others didn’t want to be bothered by us.
It was an interesting perspective of art. If I was to repeated this live art experience I would perhaps do it in an area that was more busy and had a larger range of people which I could ask.

No comments: